There’ve been renewed warnings for Canberrans who attended the Spilt Milk festival to be on the look out for symptoms of meningococcal – and those warnings have now spread into New South Wales.
One person who attended the concert is in Canberra Hospital while close contacts are receiving updates from health officials.
Authorities say those who attended the festival last weekend in Canberra’s Exhibition Park should be aware to watch for symptoms.
The bacteria is carried in the throat.
Symptoms include a red-purple rash, stiff neck and unexplained limb pain.
New South Wales authorities have now issued a similar warning – following the death in hospital of a teenager.