ACT Policing are appealing for the publics assistance following a number of ram raids around the city.
Six retail premises around Canberra have been targeted, two vehicles have since been recovered but no arrests have been made.
Since Sunday 11 April 2011, six incidents have occurred.
- Sunday 11 April 2021 about 3.50am – ANU Grocery Store, Acton
- Monday 12 April 2021 about 3.00am – Chemist, Higgins Shops
- Sunday 18 April 2021 about 3.30am – Service station, Deakin (attempt – nothing taken)
- Sunday 18 April 2021 about 4.00am – Service station, Wanniassa
- Monday 19 April 2021 about 1.30am – convenience store, Springbank Rise
- Monday 19 April 2021 about 1.00am- cigarette store, Jamison Shops
Detective Superintendent Scott Moller says it’s having a devastating impact on businesses.
Anyone with information about these incidents including any recent offers of cheap cigarettes or prescription medications are urged to contact Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000, or via the Crime Stoppers ACT website.
Information can be provided anonymously.